9.04.2007

News from Houston

I am thrilled to let you know that my first meditation “Meeting the Great Mystery” has been published and is for sale now as a CD and a downloadable MP3. Thanks and deep appreciation to Tom Parish for helping make this dream come true. It was great to work with him. It is my intention to have a series of meditations published...stay tuned!

Use this link to hear a preview and/or purchase.

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=1249135

I will be introducing the meditation at the Greater Washington Reiki conference this coming weekend. There is still time to register. http://www.reikicenter.info/

Project Health Update

We are still so excited about the continued results we are experiencing by taking the wonderful substance Frequensea…last month I said that Gary immediately stopped having the constant bowel complaint he has lived with for over 40 years, in fact he is stable since starting to take Frequensea. Another new result is that his hair is turning darker; he is not as gray anymore. This month he also had dental surgery and has been on liquids for the past two weeks. He has maintained his weight and even gained a few pounds. He is hungry and wants “good food” we have created shakes for him to drink that fulfills his nutritional requirements. He has certainly been given a new lease on life in just weeks. I continue to feel as if I am coming into balance from the inside out. I have increased my dosage of Frequensea to one ounce twice a day.

I believe so strongly in Frequensea and how it can help people to “live healthy”. I know it can be something everyone can benefit from, because of this I will continue to keep you informed of our progress.

Please check it out for yourself. Go to: http://www.forevergreen.org/videos/AnotherDay_dsl.html there is an excellent video entitled “Another Day” when you watch the video you will see how the Marine Phytoplankton was grown and harvested in a one of a kind $30 million Sea Farm.
By going to my personal web page at Forever Green you can order the product by signing in. http://www.myforevergreen.org/566187/home.html we both highly recommend it.

Change is Just Around the Corner.

Fall is in the air, leaves are getting ready to turn into bright colors. One of the biggest changes for us this coming fall is that Gary and I are getting married. We are going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee in the Great Smokey Mountains where 16 members of our families will be with us when we marry on November 17 over looking the mountains in a lovely log cabin. We thought we would have a quiet affair, just the two of us, but our children said they didn’t want us to elope. They are so happy we have made it a family affair. We will be sightseeing and enjoying the nature before and after the wedding. I will feel your presence in spirit as we stand together. We have many projects going on about the wedding including writing our own vows. We will keep you updated. Life even in my 60’s proves exciting each and every day.

Here are some great articles for your reading pleasure and another link to check out…until next time…Breathe in the magic of the moment.

Love, Mari

I invite you to view a very important film trailer….http://www.theshiftmovie.com/


Throwing Away Crutches
Spiritual practices can be misused as crutches, too.
We can become so attached to a teacher (or guide of any kind), to meditation (or medication), or to a diet (or other form of self-improvement program) that we lose sight of the fact that it is really God that we want and need, and not another habit. A teacher or a discipline ceases to serve its purpose if it becomes a dead end of devotion to a form (rather than essence). Stopping at vegetarianism or a particular form of meditation (or even one's particular practice of religion) is like hanging out on Boardwalk and forgetting to pass "Go." In the end, all forms must go.
When necessary, however, it can be very helpful to accept the support of a discipline, a person, or a group that can further our spiritual growth. If a man injures his leg, a crutch is very much in order, and a great blessing, at that. When the leg has healed, though, the crutch must be relinquished. At a specific stage of the journey, it may be very valuable to become attached to a teacher (such as a coach, mentor, pastor, or spiritual guide), to a physical practice (such as yoga, tai chi, or a good diet), or to a spiritual community (such as church, Love Machine, or small group). These positive crutches give us the momentum to free ourselves of old, destructive habits such as smoking, laziness, harmful behavior, and negative company. These spiritual crutches, however, are merely habits that lead to no habits, which is our real destination.

The reward of the adventure of life is freedom. The irony of the adventure is that we were free before we set out, but we needed to learn that freedom was not to be found where we fantasized it to be. We needed to learn, like our old friend Dorothy from Kansas, that there's no place like home, because there is no place but Home. When we learn that God is everywhere, that Love fills all space, and that Truth is the very Ground of Our Being, we may surely release the little to embrace the All.

To be free, to be able to stand up and leave everything else behind - without looking back. To say "Yes"! to what matters most, ... that is freedom.

-- Dag Hammarskjold

Source: The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore
By Alan Cohen, page 68



From a Different Perspective

One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, "How was the trip?"

"It was great, Dad."
"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked

"Oh yeah," said the son.

"So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered:

"I saw that we have one dog and they had four.
We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.
Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.
We buy our food, but they grow theirs.
We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them."
The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added, "Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are."

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.


The Soundless Center
Silence of the Heart

We spend a lot of time attempting to put the feelings in our hearts into words, to communicate to others our passions, our emotions, and our love. Often we are so busy trying to translate our heart’s roar into language that we miss the most profound experience the heart has to offer, which is silence. Every poem arises from this silence and returns to it. When all the songs have been sung, the soliloquies delivered, the emotions expressed, silence is what remains. As each wave of feeling rises and falls back into the silence, we have an opportunity to connect with the vast, open, powerfully healing wisdom at the soundless center of our hearts.
Our hearts may seem noisy and tumultuous so much of the time that we do not even associate them with silence. It takes a sensitive ear to tune in to the silence of the heart, but it is there in each one of us, so close and so large that we do not even notice it. We can begin to become aware of it in the same way we become aware of the negative space in a still life, the background of a photograph, or the open sky that contains the sun, clouds, moon, and stars. We are accustomed to tuning in to objects and sounds that are one-pointed, solid, and three-dimensional. Seeing and hearing the apparently empty space that contains these sounds and objects takes a little practice.
We can bring our awareness into our hearts by simply breathing into the general area of our heart. The first thing we may notice is feelings like joy or sadness and physical sensations like tightness or tenderness. We acknowledge these as we continue to breathe and focus, listening attentively. We surround these feelings and sensations with breath and recognize that they are contained and held in an immeasurable substance like water or air, intangible, ineffable, but utterly real. This is the silence of the heart, and the more we listen for it, return to it, and accept it, the more we bathe and purify ourselves in the soundless center of our being.


Recognizing Our Own
The Greatness in Others

A person who is said to possess greatness stands apart from others in some way, usually by the size or originality of their vision and their ability to manifest that vision. And yet those who recognize that greatness, whether they display it themselves or not, also have greatness within them; otherwise, they could not see it in another. In many ways, the achievements of one person always belong to many people for we accomplish nothing alone in this world. People who display greatness rely upon others who are able to see as they do, to listen, encourage, and support. Without those people who recognize greatness and move in to support it, even the greatest ideas, works of art, and political movements would remain unborn.
We are all moved by greatness when we see it, and although the experience is to some degree subjective, we know the feeling of it. When we encounter it, it is as if something in us stirs, awakens, and comes forth to meet what was inside us all along. When we respond to someone else’s greatness, we feed our own. We may feel called to dedicate ourselves to their vision, or we may be inspired to follow a path we forge ourselves. Either way, we cannot lose when we recognize that the greatness we see in others belongs also to us. Our recognition of this is a call to action that, if heeded, will inspire others to see in us the greatness they also possess. This creates a chain reaction of greatness unfolding itself endlessly into the future.
Ultimately, greatness is simply the best of what humanity has to offer. Greatness does what has not been done before and inspires the same courage that it requires. When we see it in others, we know it, and when we trust its presence in ourselves, we embody it.

Reiki stories shared from Cookeville, TN


Reiki Helped My Rescued Cat

My husband and I have several rescue animals. Our orange tabby cat came to us with intense fears of thunder. When it thundered he would immediately run for the nearest cover, be it bush, car or chair for refuge. During the time it stormed he would cower, shiver and refuse to eat or drink water for the duration. He was so petrified by the storm that offering his favorite lap and blanket were ineffective at calming him - he was inconsolable. After I received Reiki II training and he got used to the new energy, I began giving him Reiki as often as he'd accept it. This summer we've had some loud thunderstorms that last several hours and I've noticed a difference in him: he no longer immediately runs for cover, but waits to see how much more thunder will come before making a decision to seek shelter; he seeks shelter that is less protected now, and sometimes he seeks the openness of my lap or his favorite blanket instead of a covered area. Now he will also seek food and water if the storm continues.

This cat is probably my favorite pet - being a first-time cat owner, he taught me how to handle cats and what to expect from them. He also taught me that they are wonderful little Reiki healers themselves as I received wonderful healing energies from him while trying to adapt to a new life in the country. I am very grateful to Reiki that it allows me to return the favor by giving him healing energies when he needs it, as he did for me.

And another story with deeper healing than imagined

Reiki Controls Pain and Facilitates Healing with Table Saw Accident

When I began doing Reiki last fall it seemed emotional or spiritual issues that manifested as physical ailments were always appearing in my work. I read how others used it to heal physical illness and injury, and have had others heal some of my physical maladies, but it seemed it wasn't my lot was to have Reiki work at a physical level when I did it. I was a little disappointed because I hoped Reiki would work at all levels through me, but accepted this served a purpose. This summer I had a situation that showed me Reiki does work at all levels through me, I simply wasn't aware of it.

This summer I was taking a workshop on furniture making. I've worked with wood and electric saws for 20 years, so was looking forward to finally expanding my skills into dovetails, joints, etc. The second day of class I was cutting my table legs on an unfamiliar table saw and got distracted by some activity around me. I was also getting frustrated with the table saw because the excess wood kept blocking subsequent passes instead of being thrown clear like it does on my table saw. So, I turned the table saw off to clear the excess wood, then broke a cardinal rule of table saws - I swiped at the wood to remove it before the blade quit spinning! At first it didn't hurt, but when I looked at my hand and saw blood dripping down I quickly realized I'd cut off the tips of two fingers. After cleaning the wound and almost fainting, I asked to be taken to the emergency room for treatment.

En route, I kept looking at my hand, appalled and angry at myself. I knew better and this was the first time I'd ever hurt myself with power equipment, but it certainly looked like I'd hurt myself pretty badly. I was very nervous and afraid, so began to do Reiki on my hand. I asked for a pure and perfect healing from Mother Ansa, Father God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and all benevolent spirits who surrounded me. As I began to do Reiki I was surprised at how much PAIN I felt in my fingers all the way up to my elbow, but I persisted and the pain abated after a few minutes. I continued doing Reiki while traveling, then in the waiting room and in the treatment room. I even cleaned and blessed the room, and called upon the benevolent spirits who protect my ER physician and his nurse to guide them and assist with my healing. After I got to the treatment room I was pleased to find I could tell the doctor I wasn't in any pain, and could refuse the Loratab they offered, but I did request over-the-counter Tylenol, just in case. I was also amazed to find the shots for the localized anesthesia didn't hurt at all. (I've had stitches before and have often found the pain of the shots to be almost unbearable without a painkiller.)

Later that evening as I was removing the wrapping to clean the wounds I was literally floored by the pain of removing gauzey strings from my mutilated fingertips and the sight of the wounds. I immediately began doing Reiki again with the determined intention of "no pain." After a few minutes the pain ceased, and I was able to clean and rewrap the wound without difficulty.

The doctor had informed me in the Emergency Room that I'd knicked the bone of one finger, so I needed to be very careful to avoid infection, and I needed to hope the skin would grow back over it to avoid future injuries and infections in the bone. He also told me I needed to watch for possible nerve damage as the wounds healed. After seeing how well Reiki had performed that day, I determined to do Reiki on my hand with every cleaning and :30 per day for at least one week.

It's now two months after my table saw accident. One finger has healed so well it's impossible to tell it was recently a bloody mess. The finger that received the most damage has healed 3/16" shorter and little deformed, but again, the healing is so complete the injury is imperceptible unless someone knows what to look for. The skin has grown back over the exposed bone, forming a nice, safe cushion, and there is no perceptible nerve damage in either finger. As a matter of fact, the only difficulty I'm having is adapting to the shorter finger when I type!

Eventhough I think I would have liked a less dramatic proof that Reiki works at the physical level when it moves through me; I also know I wouldn't have been so firmly convinced of its healing if a less dramatic injury and healing had occurred. For that, and for the evidence it provides when I tell this story in the future, I am grateful.


Connie Perdue, MSSW
Usui/Tibetan Reiki Master

No comments:

Post a Comment